We have spent the last few months looking at new gardens and interesting houses across the country and have collected tour days for 2019 from Dorset to Northumberland. We have a three-day tour to Northumberland in July which will take us to gardens of extraordinary variety in this lovely county. We have new gardens aplenty, including a garden in Dorset re-designed by Arne Maynard, another nearby by the Bannermans. We are spending a day looking at three gardens designed and lived in by three members of the Stuart-Smith family and we have discovered three wonderful gardens in Essex. We disappointed so many people who were unable to come with us to Raynham Hall in Norfolk and St Giles House in Dorset that we have arranged to return to both this year. We are also visiting two spectacular interiors; one by Sir John Soane at Wotton and the other by Sir Edwin Lutyens at Ashby St Ledgers; both are houses that we have wanted to see, and take people to, for some years. We are not neglecting old friends and so are returning to some wonderful Gloucestershire gardens as well. As always, we have tried to ensure that every day gives contrasts in planting, design and now architecture.
The formula of a Border Lines day remains essentially unchanged. We usually visit three gardens or houses and start the day with coffee, there will be a two-course lunch and the day will end with tea.
Day Tours for 2019
Details and pictures of individual tours are to be found by using the tour title link for each Tour.
- Northamptonshire Tuesday 11 June
Cottesbrooke Hall and the Manor House Ashby St Ledger
- Hertfordshire Thursday 13 June
The Barn, Serge Hill and Pie Corner
- Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Monday 17 June
Court House, Upton Wold and Greenfields
- Berkshire Wednesday 19 June
Hatch House, Prosperous Farm and the Old Rectory, Farnborough
- Buckinghamshire Thursday 20 June
Wotton House and Tythrop Park
- Somerset Monday 24 June
Batcombe House, Yew Farm and Westbrook House
- Dorset Tuesday 25 June
Cranbourne Manor and St Giles House
- Dorset Wednesday 26 June
The Old Rectory, Melbury House and Upper Sydling House
- Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire Thursday 27 June
Eastleach House, Oxleaze Farm and Ablington Manor
- Norfolk Tuesday 2 July
Heydon Hall, Salle Park and Elsing Hall
- Norfolk Wednesday 3 July
Raynham Hall, Sennowe Park and Tudor Lodgings
- Northumberland Tuesday 9 July
Longwitton Hall, Whalton Manor, Bide-a-Wee Cottage and Stanton Fence
- Northumberland Wednesday 10 July
Mindrum House, Kirky Cottage, Hetton House and Lilburn Tower
- Northumberland Thursday 11 July
Blagdon Hall, Newbiggin House and Lambshield
- Essex Tuesday 24 September
Ulting Wick, Horkseley Hall and the Old Vicarage
Booking a Day Tour
Please read our Terms & Conditions.
Use our booking form to make a reservation Booking Form
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone James on 01451 821804
What happens next ?
- We will confirm to you availability of your choice by email.
- We will reserve places for a maximum of 5 days, until you confirm your booking by sending us a completed booking form (from the Booklet or our online Booking Form ) with payment in full, ideally by bank transfer (see Terms and Conditions for account details) or by post.
- A receipt for your payment and directions will be emailed to you.