This year the English tours are made up of new gardens, gardens we have not been to for far too long, and two days repeated from last year as they were considerably over-subscibed. We have two new days in Derbyshire, which include visits to the interiors of both Renishaw Hall and Melbourne Hall, a private visit to house and garden at Minterne in Dorset in late Spring, a visit to two wonderful gardens in Devon, one designed by Dan Pearson, which I have long wanted to see (we are also visiting his re-working of Miss Jekyll’s garden at Folly Farm) and a chance to see Maurice Foster’s legendary garden in Kent. We return to Serge Hill for another chance to see Stuart-Smith gardens, to Cranborne Manor and St Giles House in Dorset and we have another opportunity to see Lord Rothschild’s garden at Eythrope. There is, of course, so much more and, as ever, we try to ensure that you have a happy variety of gardens on each day.
The formula of a Border Lines day remains essentially unchanged. We visit two or three gardens or houses and start the day with coffee, there will be a two-course lunch and the day will end with tea. When you book a place on a tour, we shall email you the directions to the meeting point and the time to meet.
Day Tours for 2020
Details of individual tours are to be found by using the tour title link for each Tour. Download a copy of the Border Lines booklet.
- Dorset Wednesday 20 May
The Old Rectory Pulham and Minterne
- Northamptonshire Tuesday 9 June
Old Park Barn, The Old Rectory Quinton and The Menagerie
- Gloucestershire Wednesday 10 June
Daylesford House and Kingham Hill
- Bedfordshire Tuesday 11 June
Woburn Abbey and Bedford House
- Hertfordshire Thursday 16 June
The Barn, Serge Hill and Pie Corner
- Gloucestershire Thursday 18 June
Bywell, Daglingworth House and Rockliffe
- Wiltshire Friday 19 June
Ferne Park and Shute House
- Dorset Tuesday 23 June
Cranborne Manor and St Giles House
- Devon Wednesday 24 June
Hamblyn’s Coombe and Little Dartmouth Farm
- Gloucestershire Friday 26 June
Stowell Park, Clapton Manor and Wychwood Manor
- Berkshire Tuesday 30 June
Folly Farm and Woolton House
- Suffolk Wednesday 1 July
Great Thurlow Hall, The Jockey Club Rooms and Ousden House
- Buckinghamshire Thursday 2 July
Eythrope, Waddesdon Manor and Kingsbridge Farm
- Derbyshire Tuesday 7 July
Renishaw Hall, Culland Hall and The Rectory House Kedleston
- Derbyshire Wednesday 8 July
Melbourne Hall and the Dower House Melbourne
- Kent Friday 10 July
White House Farm and Long Barn
- Monmouthshire Wednesday 2 September
Croesllanfro Farm, Llanover House and Highfield Farm
- Buckinghamshire Thursday 3 September
Eythrope, Waddesdon Manor
- Oxfordshire Thursday 24 September
The Grange, Rofford Manor and Wormsley
Booking a Day Tour
Use our booking form to make a reservation Booking Form
or email email@example.com or telephone James on 01451 821804
What happens next ?
- We will confirm to you availability of your choice by email.
- We will reserve places for a maximum of 5 days, until you confirm your booking by sending us a completed booking form (from the Booklet or our online Booking Form ) with payment in full, ideally by bank transfer (see Terms and Conditions for account details) or by post.
- A receipt for your payment and directions will be emailed to you.